Attending a worship service at a new place can be an excellent experience, but it can also be nerve-racking. At Langdon Street, we want to help you be as prepared as possible for what a service with us is like. Let us walk you through some questions you may have.
- What is it like? Our services are held in a traditional sanctuary equipped with padded pews. Our worship is blended between many styles of music from traditional Hymns, to Southern Gospel classics, to modern Contemporary Christian Worship. We want to create an environment in worship where people from any era or background can find familiarity in worshipping the Lord.
- What about my kids? We offer nursery for infants and toddlers during our Sunday AM worship service and during Sunday School. Our Children's Ministry, Langdon Kids, is for kids from Preschool to 5th Grade. You can drop your kids off in the nursery prior to the worship service. Those in the Langdon Kids age will remain in our service until after the worship time has finished then will be dismissed to follow our Children's Pastor to the Langdon Kids Chapel where they will learn in a dynamic and Kid Friendly environment.
- Where do I park? We have three different parking lots available for use during any service. Our main Parking Lot is directly across the street from the front door of our Church Building. If parking in the main lot and the side of the building is full, please park in our Activity Center Parking lot. If you need handicap accessibility it is best to park in our side lot next to our church building and enter through the door at the back of our building.
- What do I wear? On any given Sunday you will see attendees in anything from suits, ties, and dresses to jeans and t-shirts. Dress as you feel comfortable and come as you are.
- How can I stay connected? In the back of each pew you should find one of our Connect Cards. We simply ask for your name, email, and phone number (don't worry, we won't spam call you and we will not share your information with everyone). You can also drop a question, comment, or prayer request on the connect card. At the end of the service you simply drop the connect card into one of our giving boxes.
- Are you going to ask me for money? While we believe that it is the responsibility of every believer to give tithes and offerings to their home church, we do not expect our guests to give. Occassionally we will have a special offering time for different ministries or missionaries which will be announced but again you are not expected to give. We do not pass an offering plate as we have three giving boxes located at the two entrances/exits to our sanctuary. If you would like to give you may, but know that it is not expected or required.
- What if I want to give but I can't be there in person? We offer online giving through our website. It is safe and secured by Tithe.ly. Just navigate to the giving tab on our website and you will find the instructions there.